A new jailbreak for tvOS 10.1 on Apple TV 4 has been released. This version of Apple TV jailbreak is only working with tvOS 10.0 – tvOS 10.1 but the developer is planning to make it to compatible with tvOS 9.1. You jailbreak lovers should know that tvOS 10.1.1 and the later versions are unable to jailbreak with the liberTV which was created by Jonathan Levin for Apple TV 4 jailbreak.
A week ago, we informed you that Jonathan Levin has already finished his stuff and ready for the public release. tvOS 10.1 jailbreak has finally come out and now it is possible to jailbreak Apple TV running on above tvOS versions with liberTV. In here, we will show you how to jailbreak your Apple TV using the Jonathan Levin’s liberTV app. Before start the jailbreak mechanism, read this important points for your known.
- liberTV is only supporting with tvOS 10.0. – tvOS 10.1
- Make sure your Apple TV is running on the compatible version
- Mac or Windows computer required
- USB type-C cable is needed to connect Apple TV to computer
Step by step Guide for tvOS 10.1 Jailbreak
- Download Cydia impactor and liberTV application on your Mac or Windows computer
- Connect your Apple TV 4 to computer using USB cable
- Launch the Cydia impactor then, drag and drop liberTV.ipa onto impactor
- Enter your Apple ID and Password to go through the jailbreaking process
- Cydia impactor will automatically install the liberTV app on the Apple TV 4
- Disconnect your Apple TV and connect it to your TV using HDMI
- Now you’ll see the liberTV on your home screen then, open it
- Then you have to choose the options that you want to use for tvOS 10.1 jailbreak then, press “Do it!” button
- The jailbreak will begin and you’ll see a message which displays ‘Success’ after a short while
- If the jailbreak process failed, try it from the begining.
You have successfully jailbroken your Apple TV 4 using the liberTV. This method is also a semi-tethered jailbreak so, you will have to re-use liberTV after any reboot of your Apple TV.